Happy In Bag

Thursday, September 09, 2010

Car Potato











I'd like to ascribe my revulsion of in-car televisions to moral principle. It's not true. I'm just jealous. Back when air travel was cost-prohibitive, I sat in the back of a smoke-filled, seatbelt-free station wagon on cross-country car trips. There were no hand-held electronics. Even FM radio was a luxury. Those long journeys were awful. So I cringe every time I see a kid slap on the television during a ten-minute car ride. I was born too soon.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    I have fond memories of old cars w/o AC and only AM radios. You could turn the dial and find the lay of all of this great land and more. Moonless nights with clear skies put a show for free. John R introduced the latest blues jukebox hits. You could buy them from Ernie's in Nashville. Always wanted some baby chicks too, but Mom said no.

     
  • At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Mishawaka Plumbers said…

    Hello mate great bloog

     

Post a Comment

<< Home