Happy In Bag

Friday, August 13, 2010

Damn Yankees




















As I sorted through a kid's dusty collection of baseball autographs and cards earlier this week, I uncovered the undated item pictured here. I'm guessing it's from 2005. Here's the complete text:

Thank you so much for writing to me. I appreciate and value the support I receive from my fans, and enjoy receiving your letters.

I do receive quite a few letters requesting autographs each week. Due to the heavy volume, it is not possible for me to fill each request. I apologize for this, and have returned the item you originally enclosed with your letter.

Best regards,
Alex Rodriguez

You may be able to see that a disappointed child scrubbed his attempt to make A-Rod's signature seem genuine. The Royals may be one of the sorriest teams in baseball, but at least I'm not rooting for the Yankees tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home