Happy In Bag

Friday, August 06, 2010

Slab












BB's Lawnside BBQ is one of my favorite joints in Kansas City. I realize, however, that it's just a tad too funky for some people. Brobecks is a more conventional suburban substitute. From its lighting to its location, Brobecks is a toned down version of BB's. It has a similar menu and general aesthetic. Mose Allison and Dr. John played while I chatted with the efficient staff during a recent visit. It may not be BB's, but Brobecks works for me.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    If I could turn back the hands of time you would find me at Harris Barbecue, 24th and Brooklyn. Nothing was ever finer.

     
  • At 6:42 AM, Anonymous mike t. said…

    well, shows you how out of touch I am... first i've heard of it. did you try the burnt ends? BB's has good food imo, not so much his sauce. he DOES however, have the best blues jukebox in town.

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Brobeck's meats are cooked without sauce, Mike. You should try it.

    Remember when jukeboxes used to mean something?

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Sorry, BGO, for accidentally overlooking your comment. When did Harris Barbecue close? Was it open when the baseball stadium still stood nearby?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home