Happy In Bag

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Metal, Mud and Tears

















I considered crying at Rockfest. Three hours into the music festival I was already soaked to the bone and desperately hungry. I knew I couldn't leave for another nine hours. With all the brawling, slipping and sliding going on I was sure a situation like this or this would shatter my trick knee. I took this picture of a brawl and shot this video before my camera broke. Happy birthday to me. The news that Rockfest would be allowed to return to Penn Valley Park in 2011 reminded me of my early afternoon misery. But a funny thing happened that day. The quality of the music gradually improved. And more significantly, the mud-soaked freak show grew so surreal that I became completed captivated by the calamity.

5 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Mister Bill, you have much more hard bark on you than I shall ever have.

     
  • At 1:26 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    We're a pair of restless spirits, my friend.

     
  • At 12:50 PM, Blogger KClowlife said…

    Last time it rained(before this time) at rockfest I got into one of those fights. Not sure I'll even bother with an outdoor festival again when it's shit ass weather. I didn't mind the ER visit, but having a fucked up eye for live wasn't worth the shit music I listened to that day. Not that I don't like some of the music some of the years at rockfest, but there's really just not much worth a chronic condition.

    Anyhow, thanks for the post. I didn't bother to check out the youtube vids from the concert this year. I definitely think it was much muddier this year than the year we had all our brawls and crap.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    That's rough, KC Low Life. Thanks for reading.

     
  • At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Disgaeathree said…

    Great blog yyou have

     

Post a Comment

<< Home