Happy In Bag

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Three Rs











It's undoubtedly an imperfect approach to a life-altering decision, but many people, myself included, live where we do for one reason. We study standardized test scores and select a home within the boundaries of the most successful public schools. When administrators tinker with the system because of budgetary demands or changing demographics, residents panic. Without this concern for education, after all, we'd probably live in midtown.

6 Comments:

  • At 9:28 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Define midtown.

     
  • At 9:54 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I anticipated a stinging tirade from you, BGO. Here's more ammo.

    I was thinking of the enormous territory between Roe/18th Street Expressway on the west, 71 on the east, 18th Street on the north and 47th on the south.

    In other words, it's the area I'd probably live in without the need to consider schools.

     
  • At 10:08 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    How is asking to define midtown a stinging tirade? I lived in 'midtown' for about 20 years, 1970-1990, by your definition. If I had the income or savings, I'd be retired in Oaxaca City right now.

     
  • At 10:11 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I just figured/hoped you were building a case. You know I love you.

     
  • At 10:44 AM, Blogger bigsteveno said…

    I thought midtown extended south to 63rd. No?

     
  • At 3:55 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    My rules and definitions don't necessarily conform to reality, Steve.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home