Happy In Bag

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Tonight I'll Be Staying Here With You


Both the suddenness and severity of Tuesday afternoon's storm caught me by surprise. I was over twenty miles from home when I almost became stuck on an access road in Platte Woods. Rather than offering brief "hello"s as I went about my business, I asked a dozen people a playful but somewhat serious question. "Can I spend the night at your home?" Even though they scarcely knew me, all assented without a moment's hesitation. A couple women even took it a step further. "'l'll keep you warm, baby," one promised. That's why I love this town.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Blogger Spyder said…

    You could stay on our couch! But you better like dogs & cats.

     
  • At 2:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm visiting the wrong places in this town. I've never had a total stranger offer to "keep me warm"

    No wonder you're "happy" in bag.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home