Happy In Bag

Monday, October 30, 2006

Advanced Life Forms














Nice people keep spoiling my commitment to misanthropy.

As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I needed to replace a car headlight bulb. When I walked into an Advanced Auto Parts outlet this afternoon the guy behind the counter greeted me, quickly found the part I required, and gave me detailed instructions about how to get the job done. I was stunned.

Of course, nothing’s that easy. I’d been fumbling under the hood in my driveway for twenty minutes. My hands were too big to access the headlight bulb lock and I wasn't sure what I was doing anyway. I realized that I needed someone smaller, stronger and smarter than me. My next door neighbor pulled into his driveway at that very moment. Ten minutes later, the job was done.

It’s wonderful being wrong.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home