Happy In Bag

Friday, December 29, 2006

Buffalo Gals












I grilled buffalo for dinner a couple days ago. Ever since I had a nice chat with a guy who owns a local organic bison company I'd been meaning to buy his product at Hen House or Whole Foods. He impressed me with his willingness to discuss the slaughterhouses in western Kansas, one of my favorite cocktail party topics. I've been spending money like a drunken sailor, so I grabbed a couple frozen steaks from a grocer without even glancing at the prohibitive price. How'd it taste? It's slightly more flavorful than beef.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    But did you dance by the light of the moon afterward?

     
  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger pensive girl said…

    i've been cooking with ground organic buffalo for quite some time. it's cheaper than ground organic beef, tastes better and is more healthful!
    :)
    don't i sound like (gag me) rachel ray?

    here's to buffalo.

     
  • At 9:15 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Lee- "they didn't come out" that night.

    PP- You'll be pleased to hear that I had a couple minor scrapes during my last visit to Whole Foods. I get agitated at the checkout register and, as you've previously mentioned, a few people there tend to be confrontational.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home