Happy In Bag

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Beer League











Hitting a ball with a bat is really hard. I learned that bitter lesson as a third-string little league left fielder. I figured my playing days were well behind me. But recently watching grown men play slow-pitch softball has me intrigued. The trick isn't making contact with the ball; the hard part is timing pitches to avoid feeble grounders. And look- there's beer in the dugout. I wonder if it's too late to join a fat-and-old-guy league this summer?

3 Comments:

  • At 3:03 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    I think we should get together a neighborhood bocci league.

    Hell, why not embrace our geezerness?

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Blogger Dan said…

    If you need a third baseman with extra base power, I'm your man.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Sounds good, Emaw. Your backyard?

    You'll have to beat out Alex Gordon, Dan. Unfortunately, I suspect you're up to the task.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home