Happy In Bag

Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Nerds Like Me


I was sold even before the music started. DJ Shadow offered a lengthy spoken introduction that included a heartfelt shout-out to the Music Exchange. A few minutes later he and collaborator Cut Chemist tossed Kansas City, Kansas, resident Marva Whitney into the mix. The celebrated DJs could have stopped there and I would have been content. It was reassuring to discover that the artists on stage at the VooDoo were even bigger music nerds than me. I shot this footage to share with friends who couldn't be there on the snowy Tuesday night.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:03 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    I just wish I could have been there for those 2 spoken words: Music Exchange. My spirits need a bit of a lift right now.

    I really respect DJ Shadow.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    It sure made me smile, BGO. You would have loved the show- as Tim Finn points out in his review, Shadow's vinyl fetish is pretty extreme.

     
  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Eolaí gan Fhéile said…

    I really wish I was still in KC so I could have gone to this show.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home