Happy In Bag

Friday, February 01, 2008

Unfortunate










One of the simple delights offered by Chinese eateries is the traditional meal-end fortune cookie. The cardboard cookie taste isn't the attraction; it's all about the fortune. So imagine the consternation of my companion when he recently received this message: "A carrot a day, may keep cancer away." Bummer. What happened to meeting an attractive stranger? Or a warning about an unexpected visitor? He might even have settled for a lousy lucky number.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:37 PM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    "A carrot a day, may keep cancer away...


    ...in bed."

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger pom. said…

    reminds me of the one I got awhile back that said..

    "Things just got worse. Think what you have done."

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    What the heck, Pom! That's just creepy. (Although those exact words run through my mind each time my phone rings...)

     
  • At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Honest to god....my mother in law got one:"Confucius says:Selling dope is more fun than working in rice paddy"

     
  • At 12:52 PM, Blogger Faith said…

    It's a new thing. There's a fortune cookie company in NY or NJ that makes them. I heard about them a couple of months ago, but it's been a while since I've had Chinese so I haven't had the pleasure of receiving one myself.

     
  • At 12:54 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    That explains everything, Faith. It's still jarring, though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home