Happy In Bag

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sprinkles













I pull for the Royals to reach a dozen hits when I attend their games. Who doesn’t like free Krispy Kreme doughnuts? Even so, I prefer a little doughnut outlet at the southeast corner of 95th and Mission named MAQ’s Oz. While their fat pills are tasty, the real reason I make a point of frequenting the shop has to do with their efforts in the community. I’ve encountered literature for over a dozen charitable events that list this family business as a donor. It doesn’t matter if it’s the husband, wife or one of the children working the counter- they’re always exceedingly pleasant when I visit. And in my case, that’s not always easy.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I still wish it was Winchell's again.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Winchell's! I would have referenced that, but I couldn't recall the previous tenant.

     
  • At 2:25 PM, Blogger Pensive Girl said…

    winchell's always had bugs in the flour :(

     
  • At 9:15 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    Plain cake doughnuts are my favorites, XO. Those, and the flour bugs Jessi refers to...

     
  • At 10:30 PM, Blogger Xavier Onassis said…

    I don't know what to tell ya buddy.

    Dig in and hope for the best, I guess.

    Dayum! LOL!

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dad used to get a dozen every Sunday morning.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home