Happy In Bag

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Falling


















Forget political yard signs. The real issue is how the residents of each house in my neighborhood handle their leaves.

It’s an integrated area. That is, most people work on their yards themselves, but about one out of four pay others to do it for them. I’d been staying on top of my leaves, diligently bagging them a couple times a week. I even gloated after receiving approving nods from the compulsive guy across the street who works on his yard every day.

He must despise me now. The last couple of gusty days have put me far behind in the battle. At this point, I envy those privileged few who pay a lawn service to vacuum their lawns with industrial equipment the day the last leaf falls.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:20 AM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    I set my mower to mulch and grind up all of the leaves. It's easy and I get free fertilizer when I keep all of that organic matter in my yard.

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just wait for a strong northerly wind to blow the detrius off my forested lawn onto the barren, tree-less subdivision across the street and watch the cul-de-sac rats glare at our house from their decks.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home