Happy In Bag

Friday, November 10, 2006

Wrapped














A few years ago trend spotters predicted that we’d all have the opportunity to sell space on our vehicles to the highest bidder. It never happened.

Liquor companies, along with punk rock and hip hop record labels, seem to be the only active buyers of the "wrap" concept. This van is promoting the new release by Kansas City hip hop innovator Tech N9ne.

It’s too bad. I had been looking forward to making a few dollars by converting my old jalopy into a mobile billboard. I figured that my perfect sponsors would be pain relief drugs, used car dealers or local diner Town Topic.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:07 AM, Blogger FletcherDodge said…

    I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that Town Topic has the best chili in the city.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I used to be rather fond of Dixon's chili. Wasn't that Truman's favorite chili joint? Are they still around?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home