Happy In Bag

Monday, March 12, 2007

For You At Six O'Clock P.M. This Evening













Forget the food. It was all about the drama last week at Korma Sutra in Overland Park.

The waiter was bickering with patrons at an adjacent table when I was seated in the small dining room of the Indian restaurant during the lunch hour crunch. He quickly turned his manic attention to me. As I tried to relish the delicious offerings at the buffet- I passed on the item labeled "Mushroom Matter" but I loved the goat and fried vegetables- the waiter repeatedly startled me with his frenzied actions. Most disarming was his seeming lack of personal space boundaries. Each time he asked me if the food was good I had a choice between nodding or leaning forward a few inches to kiss him on the lips. Even though he's quite handsome, I went with visual cues.

Wary of his confrontational nature, I snapped a picture as I left. Sure enough, the waiter began chasing me across the parking lot. I braced myself for the worst. He handed me a package of leftover nan and kindly said, "For you at six o'clock p.m. this evening." It was an unexpectedly happy ending.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger WLIB said…

    You might prefer the Korma Sutra in Westport. Same deliciousness and they hardly even look at you.

     
  • At 9:47 PM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    As always, you're right on target, Lee. I wrote about that establishment 17 months ago right here.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home