Happy In Bag

Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Not a Happy Camper











I appreciate indoor plumbing. I detest s'mores. Even though I'm not much of a camper, I spent Saturday night outdoors shivering in a sleeping bag. Here's a short list of what I learned on my weekend expedition: The distant barking of farmers' hounds is far more annoying than the occasional yapping of neighbors' dogs. Conversely, owls and coyotes make cool sounds. Hippies drumming at a nearby site do not. And deer sound exactly like zombies as they tromp through the woods.

5 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Blogger bgo said…

    Glad to see ya so in tune with nature. You cranks need more fresh fall air.

     
  • At 5:45 PM, Blogger kcmeesha said…

    camping here is a joke,I remember going camping without campgrounds where we had to go into the woods to do what bear does and drink some creek or lake water.

     
  • At 11:41 PM, Anonymous Rick in PV said…

    I agree with Meesha; it's hard to get far off the beaten track in 21st century America. Still, you can see some lovely sights and hear some interesting sounds, eh?

     
  • At 8:08 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    It can't hurt, BGO.

    Deer are so plentiful, UL, that I just discovered a herd living in the unfinished portion of my basement.

    I'm so grateful that your assessment is accurate, M.V.

    Thanks, as always, Rick.

     
  • At 8:27 AM, Anonymous ghb5 said…

    Should have stuck around a bit longer on Saturday. Had I known, we could have made s'mores in the microwave, and I wouldn't have been so stingy about our facilities.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home