Happy In Bag

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Open Up the Door, I'll Get It Myself












I'm learning a lot about people in my crutch-aided forays in the world. Before I completely grasped the severity of my predicament, I attempted to run a simple errand to a grocery store at an upscale shopping center. I quickly became drenched in sweat and was racked with terrible pain. Most of my fellow shoppers ignored me, although a few women sighed in exasperation because I wasn't moving quickly enough for them. The only person to address me and offer assistance was the store's janitor. I didn't realize that such small kindnesses were so rare. After a charitable woman opened a door for me last night, I was tempted to give her a hug of appreciation.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Happy In Bag said…

    I don't wake up in the morning hating people, Spyder, but I'm sure being tested now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home