Happy In Bag

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Where Patience Rewards
















I really shouldn't worry about Accurso's deli at 50th and Main. The restaurant has been there for generations and will probably outlast me. Even so, they're now within walking distance of formidable competitors like Planet Sub, Minsky's, The Mixx, Chipotle, Egg'tc and The Peanut. I ate at Accurso's for the first time in years earlier this week. It was just as homey and delicious as I'd remembered. The only catch is identified at their modest web site. "Where patience rewards," it boasts. Try telling that to the diners I overheard complaining about delays. It's far from fast food.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:46 AM, Blogger bgo said…

    Years ago it was called Main Street Deli and was run my a guy named Paulie and his charming wife. The place had character to say the least, and as much as I like Joe Accurso, nothing touched the days when Paulie ran the joint.

    bgo

     

Post a Comment

<< Home